It’s finally here: Wordbase for iPad. This update includes an all new re-imagined experience for the iPad along with a brand new interactive tutorial that’ll make it easier for new players to learn the game.
• Wordbase now works beautifully on an iPad with a custom design made for the ultimate strategic experience.
• A new interactive tutorial has the venerable Mr. Words teach new players the game.
• Bug fixes & improvements
Always remember to update your Wordbase to the latest version to get the best experience 🙂
iOS 1.4 January 8, 2015
Get ready for a major update to Wordbase that introduces an all new point-system, user statistics, unlockable titles and achievements to show off on your profile! This addition to Wordbase is all about long term playability giving you awesome goals to reach for and ways to measure your skill against your friends.
- You now win points by playing the game
- Start new games by paying with points you’ve won
- View player statistics for you and your friends
- New unlockable titles to go with your username
- Earn achievements
- Bug fixes & countless of other improvements
iOS 1.2.6 November 7, 2014
- Improved IAP
- Bug fixes, among others: – List with finished games are now back to normal – iOS notification bug is fixed. You will have to reinstall the Wordbase App first. Unfortunately this means that your list with finished games will be reset to zero, because your games are stored on your phone. – “Frozen game”-bug is fixed. You have to log out from Wordbase through your game settings and back in to ‘release’ the frozen games. They will be removed and won game points added to the person who made the last move.
iOS 1.2.5 October 15, 2014
- New languages Dutch and German
- iOS 8 support
- Optimized for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+
iOS 1.2.4 September 26, 2014
This update focuses heavily on improving the connection to the server and how we handle communication between game and server. We’re constantly working on serving the rapidly growing player-base and trying to ensure that you all have a smooth ride when playing Wordbase.
- Ability to cancel a challenge
- Improved server connectivity
- It’s now more visible when moves haven’t been uploaded
- Improved handling on spotty internet connections
- Faster game creation and loading
iOS 1.2.3 August 26, 2014
This update is all about improving the experience of starting a new game! The new game screen has a cool new design that makes it a lot easier to set up your next Wordbase battle, be it with a stranger or a friend. Also you can now play in French! Vive la France!
- New game screen has a cool new design!
- Choose opponent screen now gives you a much better overview of your friends who play Wordbase and their statistics
- Improved player search
- Choose language of the game, right from the new game screen
- New language: French!
- Serverside improvements
iOS 1.2.2 August 17, 2014
- Share your screenshot
- Fixed spontaneous log out
iOS 1.2.1 August 11, 2014
- Fixed fetching chat messages
iOS 1.2.0 August 9, 2014
You asked for it and we built it! In this update we’re introducing chat to Wordbase! Access the chat overlay in all your games for a much richer and more engaging experience with your opponent. Get ready to add a whole new dimension of fun as the conversation mixes with every word played. What’s new:
- A smooth new chat overlay is now accessible from the game view, mixing freeform conversation with words played in the game.
- Chat messages are shown as badges in both game and list view.
- Chat messages are delivered with push notifications
- You can globally disable chat or mute individual players
- Tap the number of words played (in the Chat UI) to get a compact list of all the words played
- Improved the support experience. Tapping the support button in settings will now take you to our FAQ.
- Lots of smaller UI changes and improvements
- A ton of fixes and optimizations, making the game run a lot smoother
iOS 1.1.3 July 7, 2014
- In-app notifications when you are invited to games or a person joins your game, and for time reminders.
- Fixed some errors that occurred when communicating with the server.
- Games with a lot of moves now loads a lot faster.
- Various bug fixes.
iOS 1.1.2 June 3, 2014
- Pull to refresh for list of games
- Share profile
- Better search for players
- Warning when connect with Facebook and Game Center
iOS 1.1.1 May 13, 2014
- Login screen localizations
- Smaller login screen changes
- Fixed a crash in loading avatars
- All avatars will now load on login
- Fixed an issue where declined game cell would look weird
- Current account stored in keychain as well as user defaults
- Fixed an issue where games wouldn’t refresh on launch
- Fixed the crashes
- Fixed input fields when using dictation
- More minor changes
iOS 1.1.0 May 2, 2014
This is a major update that comes with a much more flexible user-system. You’ll now be able to sign up & sign in with either your email, Game Center or Facebook account, and you’ll get to choose a username for your profile.
Here are some of the new things this update brings:
- An all new login screen & signup flow
- You can now sign up and log in with your Email account
- You can now sign up and log in with Game Center
- Profiles now use username as their unique identifier
- Existing players will be asked to select a username
- Add a password to your profile (enables login on other devices)
- Forgotten password retrieval system
- You can now log out
- Take a photo for your profile when signing up, or change it directly from your profile!
- Edit the email attached to your profile
- You can now connect to both Facebook & Game Center from your profile
- Add as friend & start game from opponents profile
- Search for players by username from the opponents select screen
- You can now decline challenges
- New Languages: Spanish, Finnish, Norwegian!
- New info labels makes it more transparent when the game is refreshing or experiencing connectivity issues
- Game now shows an activity indicator when loading games
- You can now watch the tutorial before signup
- The tutorial can now be closed before completion
- Bugfixes & countless of other improvements
iOS 1.0.6 February 20, 2014
- Fixed Facebook sharing to get a free game
iOS 1.0.5 February 13, 2014
- Fixed a connection issue for some users
iOS 1.0.4 February 6, 2014
- New game over screens for both winner & loser with total words played, rematch option and the ability to share your victory or defeat.
- New challenge invitation screen allows you to see the challenging players statistics and the language of the game.
- New Language: Swedish!
- New invite friends button added to the select opponent screen. Tell your friends about Wordbase via SMS, Email & Social.
- You can now log in and play on multiple devices.
- When you turn your device upside down in game, the UI will also rotate.
- Better support button, and support option when taking a screenshot of a current game!
- Server communication improvements.
iOS 1.0.3 January 16, 2013
- Wordbase friend list is now alpabetical
- Added a support button in settings
- Fixed a bug where Wordbase friends didn’t show up
- Fixed a bug where Facebook friends didn’t show up
- Fixed a bug that would require a reinstall for premium purchase to work
- ‘Restore purchase’ button doesn’t get inactive, premium status is loaded on launch
- Fixed a bug where you were able to stop the animating tiles
- Fixed a few spelling & grammatical errors in the interface
- Fixed a bug where disabling sound didn’t persist
- Errors from connecting to Facebook should now be more descriptive and helpful
iOS 1.0.2 December 22, 2013
- Minor bugfixes
iOS 1.0.1 December 17, 2013
- Minor bugfixes
iOS 1.0.0 December 14, 2013
- Wordbase release
Get ready for a major update to Wordbase that introduces an all new point-system, user statistics, unlockable titles and achievements to show off on your profile! …
This addition to Wordbase is all about long term playability giving you awesome goals to reach for and ways to measure your skill against your friends.
- Win points by playing the game
- Start new games by paying with points you’ve won
- View player stats for you and your friends
- Unlockable titles and achievements
- Bug fixes
Android 1.2.6 December 3, 2014
- Support for Android 5.0 Lollipop!
- Non-premium users can now watch a video ad in order to play more than two simultaneous games.
- In-app notifications for when opponents challenge you, accept or decline your challenge, or resign a game.
- Various minor bug fixes and tweaks
Android 1.2.5-r97 November 12, 2014
- Games in Dutch and German.
- You can cancel challenges that the opponent has not accepted yet.
- Improved memory usage.
- A game in the game list now clearly indicates when a move hasn’t yet been sent.
- An offline indicator is now shown in the game.
- … and many more bug fixes 🙂
December 8, 2013 iOS 1.0.0 GM Announcement Wordbase 1.0 GM December 7, 2013 iOS 0.9.2 Improvement Beta bug fix release #5 December 6, 2013 iOS 0.9.1 Improvement Beta bug fix release #4 December 4, 2013 iOS 0.9.0 Improvement Beta bug fix release #3 December 2, 2013 iOS 0.8.0 Improvement Beta bug fix release #2 November 30, 2013 iOS 0.7.0 Feature Wordbase weekly beta release #5 November 21, 2013 iOS 0.6.0 Improvement Beta bug fix release #1 November 19, 2013 iOS 0.5.0 Feature Wordbase weekly beta release #4 November 14, 2013 iOS 0.4.0 Feature Wordbase weekly beta release #3 November 9, 2013 iOS 0.3.0 Feature Wordbase weekly beta release #2 November 1, 2013 iOS 0.2.0 Feature Wordbase weekly beta release #1 October 25, 2013 iOS 0.1.0 Announcement First beta of Wordbase for iPhone[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]